Cannot find a decent installation procedure for Mantis

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

muravi

Cannot find a decent installation procedure for Mantis

Post by muravi »

Guys,

Is there a step-by-step procedure for installation of Mantis on windows ? why is it so damn frustrating to get it installed on windows. I would like a few pointers. Thankx in advance.
dialexia

Re: Cannot find a decent installation procedure for Mantis

Post by dialexia »

On which windows platform will u be runnning mantis?
What version of mysql will u use?
Will u be using apache or IIS?
Phillip
SneakyWho_am_i

Post by SneakyWho_am_i »

Well here's how I would do it if I had a fresh install of Windows and wanted to try it out:
- install XAMPP
- secure XAMPP, even though you probably shouldn't use it as a production server, just because it would be good practice
- unzip the mantis archive somewhere under your webroot (say C:\xampp\htdocs\mantis for instance)
- set up a database for it
- visit http://localhost/mantis and answer the questions (IIRC it only asked me for the DB user and password info)

I'd say the hard part would be installing a webserver. Have you tried just dumping it under your webroot and running it?? It is a web application.
Hope this helps ;)
why is it so damn frustrating to get it installed on windows.
No ok actually to be serious, how far have you got? What problems did you run into?

If it helps, I've had trouble on Linux. I tried to install it from the repository:

Code: Select all

apt-get install mantis
But I have no idea where it installed to, and immediately threw in the towel and just did it the old fashioned way.

If it helps, I think there's something called InstantMantis somewhere. It might be best to try that - if you are already, then try doing it the old fashioned way instead.
michaelaye

Post by michaelaye »

just a quick hint:
apt-get has ways to show you all installed file locations for a chosen package.
Don't know them by heart, but thought i let readers know.
Greetings,
Michael