Limit field entry permissions

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

squattingturnip

Limit field entry permissions

Post by squattingturnip »

Hello!

I work for a video game localization company, and we are trying to start using Mantis as a bug tracker. However, I have run into a problem that seems pretty unique to our situation: After bugs are entered, they must then be translated for the programmers (who are in Japan). We have in-house translators to do this, but the issue is this: I want to have a field in each bug report that is for our translators to enter their translations of our bugs. I can do this using a custom field plugin that will allow longer custom fields, but what I'm having trouble figuring out how to do is restrict translator accounts to just that field. We want to keep them from editing the other fields in the bug report because they don't need to, and we'd like to minimize the possibility of messing something up. Is there a way to do this? I'm not afraid of editing some code, but I might need a little explanation, since I'm not terribly familiar with editing PHP code.
parkvillegirl

Re: Limit field entry permissions

Post by parkvillegirl »

I'm also interested in knowing if there is a way (either in Mantis BT core code, or via plugin) to limit user edit permissions at the field level.
cas

Re: Limit field entry permissions

Post by cas »

Afaik not available in Core nor is there a plugin available.