Change Log and Roadmap is empty

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Kirill

Change Log and Roadmap is empty

Post by Kirill »

How I can configure roadmap and change log?
My roadmap and changelog always empty.
roc

Re: Change Log and Roadmap is empty

Post by roc »

To configure the Changelog and Roadmap in the Mantis, it is necessary to create the version of the Project, it can be created in the "Manage Project" page.

After that, while an issue is fixed and resolved, you must need to update the issue by using "Update Advanced". Thus, you can see there are 2 more columns, "Fixed in Version" and "Target Version". To activate the Changelog, you must need to choose the version in the "Fixed in Version" column. After that, you will see the Changelog function works.

For Roadmap, it is necessary that do not click the checkbox of "Released" while you create the Version. The method of activate the Roadmap is similiar as Changelog, which is choose the version in "Target Version" only.

It is my stupid method to configure Changelog and Roadmap functions in the Mantis, I hope I can help you anyway.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

roc wrote:It is my stupid method to configure Changelog and Roadmap functions in the Mantis, I hope I can help you anyway.
Yes!!! You very detailed write solvation. Thank you very much.
SneakyWho_am_i

Post by SneakyWho_am_i »

For me this doesn't work.
Doesn't work?
The dropdown boxes appear and I can select versions from them - none of which have been marked as released.
However when I select a version and save it, still nothing appears on the changelog or roadmap page.

In my installation process, the server was unable to write a file for some stupid reason and it provided me with cut-n-paste code to stick in there. It looked a little something like this:

Code: Select all

<?php
	$g_hostname = 'mantis';
	$g_db_type = 'mantisql';
	$g_database_name = 'mantis';
	$g_db_username = 'mantis';
	$g_db_password = 'mantis';
?>
I'm starting to wonder if that should normally have more options in it? Perhaps I need to add something to it to get access to all these hidden features??!

Mantis is a joy to use but I'm dying for those reports (as when I was doing the bug tracking the inefficient and old fashioned way with post-it notes, I hag changelogs and roadmaps....). I chose Mantis because I was trying to avoid writing any code, lol, is it inevitable?

I'm not complaining. I'll have made some mistake in configuration Mantis is actually fun (yeah, this can be my introductory post, too)
But thanks in advance for any help, anyone.
SneakyWho_am_i

Post by SneakyWho_am_i »

Never mind, turns out I didn't stick my tongue out the corner of my mouth just so, and I was praying to the wrong deities or something. User error. I will blame it on the weather. I was sure I 'd set release dates, but really I was hallucinating.
nervesmiffs

Post by nervesmiffs »

I was also having trouble getting this feature to work (in Mantis 1.1.2). Solution for me turned out to be the following: Projects' versions are NOT automatically visible to subprojects. I was not able to use the "Copy Versions To" from the parent project's "Manage Projects" page (the dropdown box listed no projects). Instead, I had to go to each subproject's "Manage Projects" page, and use "Copy Versions From". Now works like a charm.
sunil_knd

Post by sunil_knd »

i can go to "Update Advanced" but i can't see "Fixed in Version" and "Target Version" !!!! WHY???

please help me
sunil_knd

Post by sunil_knd »

i can go to "Update Advanced" but i can't see "Fixed in Version" and "Target Version".

WHY???

help me please
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

sunil_knd wrote:i can go to "Update Advanced" but i can't see "Fixed in Version" and "Target Version".

WHY???

help me please
Did you add some version to your project configuration?